The Orange County Public School System will identify and provide appropriate educational services to gifted learners. These students and all other children in our school system will reach their fullest potential. The school will accomplish this by:
· identifying the gifted learner
· providing an environment which allows for discovery, growth and challenge
· differentiating K-12 curriculum
· staffing with certified individuals who are knowledgeable concerning the needs, interests and abilities of gifted learners and providing them with professional development through local, state, and national opportunities
· providing opportunities for dialogue among parents, staff and community
It is hoped that by providing such a course for the gifted student there will be a ripple effect with the end result being an enriched, enhanced general program.
Collaborative Consultative Model
Two minds are better than one, the old stand-by motto for problem solving, is the foundation for the Collaborative Consultation Model for gifted education. Using this model as a framework for instruction, the gifted resource teachers at each elementary and middle school become differentiation coaches, supporting classroom teachers in delivering instruction.